Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surgery

Evan's surgery went really well. He didn't cry like they said he would coming out of the anesthetic, as I guess some kids really let loose. He was just himself! And, before the surgery, when they took him away, I was perfectly calm. I had thought and thought about that moment and got all upset nearly every time I thought about it. But the nurses and staff were all great, answering my questions and informing us about what was going to be done. And, when the nurse who would be attending the surgery came for him, he grinned at us, over her shoulder, all the way down the hallway. We dressed him in the little booties, and they even had an Evan-sized hospital gown, open in the back, of course! I found myself wishing I had a camera. Who wants to commemorate their infant son's surgery? Don't know what's wrong with me...

So, our crawling, two-tooth wonder (one top and one bottom...he definitely does things his own way) is slightly fussy and doesn't quite know what he wants at this moment as I write. He's watching a movie, and just might get to do so most of the day. His mom and dad, having gotten up at 2:45am to be in Indy by 5:30am, are anxiously awaiting their saviour, Grandma Rhonda, to arrive and allow some naptime!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that his surgery went well! God is faithful :)

And I TOO excited about Dec 26th!!!!!!!! I wish we could make it a sleep over, ehehehehe!

Adam and Becca said...

Glad that everything went so well! His crawling looks great! Can't wait to get to see him in person (and you!).