Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hot stuff

If you look closely, you can see that I just finished my first bowl of rice cereal. Well, I finished smearing it all over my face, that is.
Yeah, I'm pretty hot stuff these days. I can grab my toes, sometimes even put them in my mouth. My favorite time to do that is when Mom changes my diaper. Then she can't get the diaper on right. I keep telling her that this is only the beginning...
Evan is doing pretty well lately, though he's decided to only eat about half of his bottles sometimes. Supposedly its because of his reflux. If he keeps it up I'm taking him back to the doctor. And they can tell me again that as long as he's gaining weight and making 6-8 wet diapers a day, he's fine. To me, I feel that OF COURSE he's wetting 6-8 diapers...he's still eating even though it's 1/2 to 2/3 of what he's supposed to, so he's going to pee. But will he grow? And not just increase in weight, but will he grow in height and have healthy bones, and the list goes on. There's more to growing a preemie than weight, and I feel like that's all that matters to them.
Vivian update: While she's doing well some days, she's still on ventilator support and her oxygen needs continue to go up and down. She did get pnemonia again and is having difficulty related to that, though it appears she is fighting it off. Its still going to be a long road for her and her parents, so continue to keep them in your prayers...Thank you to those who check in on her!
And a big THANK YOU to those who check in on Evan, too!
We've just started to introduce solids (rice cereal, veggie 1st foods) and it's not always successful. I'm not sure what to do with his deciding not to eat his formula, because the formula has so many more calories than the foods, I'm not willing to try the foods more than 1x/day. So, he's not getting as much practice as he probably should have.
Anyhow, hope everyone is enjoying the warm weather!

0 comments: