Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Late night rambling

So sorry for the lag in postings.
I have an update on Vivian...she is doing much better! I'm not sure if she would be considered "out of the woods" just yet, but she's had some really good days lately. She is still ventilated, and her heart and lungs are consequently still pretty weak. But she seems to be doing better, so Evan thanks you from the bottom of his heart for your prayers!

We have made it through our first cold! Evan caught a cold on our trip to Florida, and so did I (Misty). Evan has been over his since the end of last week, and I have just now gotten over it. He had to do breathing treatments every four hours for awhile, and at one point we considered taking him to the hospital, because of course, it was a weekend and the evening when I (with the help of his Nurse Laura) decided he was having too much trouble breathing. We waited it out and he went to sleep fine and was not breathing too quickly in his sleep, so we avoided the ER during our first cold, so I'm pretty proud of myself! Some of his nurses and neonatologist still get some pretty silly calls from me when I have obsessed over something long enough and can't let it go until I talk to them. And when I say 'long enough,' I mean days, or weeks, not just hours.

We really don't have much news except that Evan likes to play with his feet, has discovered he has a tongue, and is now officially eating rice cereal. He's such a big man. Does everybody realize he's going to be 8 months old this month? 5 months corrected age, but 8 months!!! Only 4 more months until he's a year old! All of my memories of his birth and NICU days are still so vivid that it doesn't seem possible that its been that long, or that it is summer now. When three months of your life are all but sucked away, it takes forever to recover. Like a black hole. When I hear about something happening in March or April, I still think that it was "last month" or so. Maybe that's what having kids does to you anyway, whether they are in the hospital for three months or not.

More pictures to come soon...

1 comments:

Adam and Becca said...

Yeah!!! A BLOG! I'm not sure why I missed it, but I didn't see that you had started a blog until just now! It's so great to see how Evan is doing! He's such a cutie!!!! Keep the posts comin! I've been thinking of you a lot lately....but I have no excuse for not calling....MISS YOU!