Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Long four weeks

It has been a long time since I've written, my apologies.
As I wrote a couple posts ago, Paul's stepdad, John, was told there wasn't much they could do for him in the way of treatment for his leukemia. However, shortly after that, he received the news that a match had been found for him for his bone marrow transplant. We were cautiously optimistic and prayed that he would be able to continue to the transplant. However, it was a Wednesday a couple weeks ago, March 4th I believe, that he was told he had two weeks, and unfortunately he passed away that Friday, March 6th. Paul and I drove to Nashville to fly out with Andy and Mandy. John's services were on Monday, and Paul and Andy flew out on Wednesday, while Mandy and I stayed with Sheila until Friday with the boys. We're all just wiped out and exhausted, but glad to be home from such a long week. Please keep Sheila in your prayers...she will be alone for the first time on Sunday evening.

I'm not sure what else to say, and I don't have any pictures uploaded from the last few months, so I have none to share.

0 comments: