Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

A little break...

I'm taking a little break from the guys (Evan and Lucas) while they are happily entertaining each other in the exersaucer and jumperoo. I just have to say if you are thinking about babysitting in your home, call me...I'll tell you that its much more work than actually going to work! I thought it would be easier than this! Actually, it's not bad, but getting used to another child and dividing attention and the constant feeding, napping, changing, cycle gets a little crazy. Then on top of it feeling like since I'm home I need to keep up on the house (which, if you've ever been to my house, you know that means only the essential things get done...dishes, laundry, occasionally picking up!). And believe it or not, it's much easier when they are on the same schedule and need everything done at the same time. Now, someone might protest a bit, but at least the other one is getting their needs met until I can address the other one. And it's actually easy to feed them both at the same time. I prefer it, because if their schedules do not coincide, one of them is irate that the other is getting a bottle, even if it shouldn't even be time for them to eat yet!

Anyhow, enough ramblings about my day.
We just returned last night from a weekend trip to Dekalb, IL where my sister lives. She works on the campus of Northern Illinois University (the one that on Valentine's Day someone killed 6 people, gunning them down in a lecture hall). We stayed at her apartment and spent Saturday with our Aunt Brenda and her family, Tim, Grace, and Anna, and our Uncle Keith at the Jonamac Orchard. It's a huge apple orchard and pumpkin patch. You take a wagon through endless rows of apple trees, all varieties, and fill up a bag with the apples you want. You can pick an apple to sample and it doesn't cost a thing! Evan had a great time hanging out with his Aunt Mandy and cousins and great aunts and uncles.
I'd love to post pictures, but I forgot my camera. Brenda took several, though.

Evan's birthday party in Huntington is going to be October 25th, 11:30am, at our house (I think). We may use the church, but it would be much more convenient to use our house here in Huntington. I'm just not sure we'll have room unless we can be outdoors. So, the weather might decide where we go!

Alright, nothing else really new here. Have a blessed Monday!

0 comments: